I trained as a documentary photographer, and also hold a Masters degree in fine art photography .
When I first started out as a professional photographer over 12 years ago I worked for Concept for Living magazine an interior design publication, I worked as their chief photographer for three years before eventually embarking on a freelance career .
Now I work for growing and diverse list of corporate and private clients, including Cineflix Media for the Discovery Channel, Lego & Visit Wales. I'm also a contributing photographer to 25 Beautiful Homes, Style at Homes & Homes and Antiques magazine.
Quite frankly two days are never the same or ever dull which is why I love my work.
As well as running my own photography business, I work with my partner Paddy, together we run tiltandshiftphotography an independent photographic gallery and workshop. When I get the time I still love to photographing stories and making fine art prints too, you can see more from my fine art and documentary portfolio at elerigriffiths.com
If you like what you see and would like to discuss a commission, I'm happy to get together to talk about ideas, give me a buzz, drop me a line, I'm a fan of tea and cake so why not join me for a chat lets see if we can make beautiful photography together.
Projects, Awards and Exhibitions
• Opening show at Fringe Festival Cardiff, Littleman Coffee Gallery, 2015
• Ffoton Wales website; featured interview as Tilt & Shift
• Selected Work - Royal Photographic Society International Print Exhibition 2014
• Winner of the Guardian Newspaper/Royal Photographic Society Joan Wakelin Award 2013
• Shortlisted for the Sony World Photography Prize (Open Category) 2013
• Selected Work - Royal Photographic Society Biennale 2012
• Short-listed for Welsh Artist of the Year 2011- St. David’s Hall Cardiff
• The Assembly Project/Prosiect y Cynulliad. Futures Gallery, Cardiff, 2010
• The Assembly Project/Prosiect y Cynulliad. To be held in National Library of Wales from 2009
• Animals in Art. Yale College, Wrexham, 2008
• Close. (M.A. Graduate Exhibition). University College, Falmouth, 2006
• Tinkers Bubble. Studio Marangoni & Piccolo Tour Al Giardino. Florence. 2005
• Sunday Times Ian Parry Memorial Scholarship Exhibition. Tom Blau Gallery, London, 2004.
• University of Wales Degree Show. Old Truman Brewery Gallery, London, 2004
• Winner of the 2004 Welsh Livery Guild Prize for Photography.